[asterisk-users] How to read IRQs and timing slips values

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Mon Jan 13 10:39:40 CST 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 04:13:49PM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> 2014/1/10 Shaun Ruffell <sruffell at digium.com>

> > > I'm not sure but I don't think so as I've just configured the card with:
> > >
> > > span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
> > > bchan=1-15,17-31
> > > dchan=16
> > > echocanceller=oslec,1-15,17-31
> > >
> > > span=2,2,0,ccs,hdb3
> > > bchan=32-46,48-62
> > > dchan=47
> > > echocanceller=oslec,32-46,48-62
> > >
> > > Span1 is the one direct to provider equipement.
> > > Span2 is thh one that was connected to HiPath and which is simply unplugged
> >
> > That looks correct. You might want to check your cables next. Do
> > you only get timing slips when connected to the provider, or to
> > the HiPath as well?
> >

> For a couple of days now, I'm only connected to the provider.
> Just in case, I commented out in system.conf and
> dahdi-channels.conf, any reference to "the HiPath span" and ran a
> "dahdi restart now": unfortunately, I'm still observing timing
> slips at  a rate of 1220 slips/hour.
>
> I have a spare TE4xx board.  Shall I replace current TE2xx with
> this spare and see if things improve or would you advise an other
> check ?

If you have another board, yes, you could try. But I would recommend
checking all your cables, etc.  Also, while highly unlikely, I've
heard of cases in the past where some smaller providers were
expecting to source timing from customer premise PBX (since they
were acting as a SIP gateway on the backend).

Your provider does expect you to source their clock?

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer