[asterisk-users] Asterisk API

Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com
Mon Jan 13 07:44:27 CST 2014

Yes, this would most likely be a better solution (REST API is in
Asterisk 12), just be careful about putting your dialplan in a Real Time
Database.  You sometimes have to do things a little different if your
dialplan is in the RTDB.  As well you need to make sure security is
locked down when using this approach, but security is needed for all
approaches.

Jacob

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of James
Wystead
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 7:24 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk API

Good Day, Ishfaq;

This may be a much better idea than the REST API.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the concept is this:

You write to the database, and this gives the same result as perhaps
modifying the dialplan, sip, voicemail, etc *without* having to
physically modify the extensions.conf, sip.conf, voicemail.conf?

Am I on the right track?

Thanks!

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>