[asterisk-users] How to read IRQs and timing slips values

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 13:34:57 CST 2014

2014/1/10 Shaun Ruffell <sruffell at digium.com>

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 07:48:21PM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> >
> > With a single span directly connected to PSTN I'm still getting timing
> > slips (140 slips/hour).
> > Would you agree to qualify this rate as excessive ?
>
> Yes, this is excessive.
>
> > Given these figures, may I also exclude an hardware failure inside my
> card
> > or on the hosting machine ?
> > In other words, how to detect a timing slip, Dahdi must use some inner
> > clock as a reference, doesn't it ? Could this "inner clock" be presently
> > broken ?
>
> You've configured the card to recover timing from the provider?

I'm not sure but I don't think so as I've just configured the card with:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16
echocanceller=oslec,1-15,17-31

span=2,2,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=32-46,48-62
dchan=47
echocanceller=oslec,32-46,48-62

Span1 is the one direct to provider equipement.
Span2 is thh one that was connected to HiPath and which is simply unplugged