[asterisk-users] Asterisk 12 - 100rel (Prack) no 100rel Require in responses

JULIAN RUSSELL j.p.russell at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 27 04:26:43 CST 2014

Hi

I am trying out Asterisk 12 between two servers in order to test the 100rel (PRACK) capability. When I set the called server to send Ringing (180) and wait before answering the call it is not sending 100rel Require in the Ringing message (non provisional response) therefore the calling server does not send a PRACK.

I have the same config at both ends and if I change the 100rel field in the endpoint section in pjsip.conf on the calling server to either no; yes or require I can see the Invite message change so know that Asterisk is setting this correctly on outgoing calls. However what I do not understand is that regardless if the 100rel field is set to yes or required on the called server non 100 provisional responses do not have the 100rel Require field.

In fact if I set the 100rel field to no on the called server but required on the calling server I would expect the called server to reject the call but it does not, it completes as normal.

Am I doing something wrong, is this a bug/problem, BTW I am using Asterisk release Version 12.0

Thanks

JR