[asterisk-users] Add SIPCALLID of egress leg to CDR

Ricky Hartmann rhartmann3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 13:38:28 CST 2014

Hey all,

I've been fighting with this all morning, and I feel like this should be a
relatively simple task, but I just can't get it to work.  I currently have
a very basic asterisk v11.6 setup with a single extension (a Bria
softphone) and a single sip trunk to my carrier.

What I'm trying to accomplish is simply adding the asterisk generated
SIPCALLID of the leg between asterisk and the carrier to the CDR when it's
written. (This is in addition to the SIPCALLID of the original call leg,
which I've already added.)  I've been able to print the SIPCALLID for the
carrier leg to the CLI if I jump into a Macro or Gosub from the Dial
command (using the M or b options respectively), but that's about it.

>From what I can tell, this should be easily accomplished with variable
inheritance, but based on what I'm seeing during test that seems to be a
one way relationship, as updates in a child channel don't seem to reach the
parent.  Am I missing something?  Is there a better way to go about this?

The few questions I've found on forums and mailing list archives on this
subject are all from 2007 and earlier, so I'm hoping something new has come
along in the last few years and I just haven't found it anywhere.  Can
anyone help?

TIA,

Ricky