[asterisk-users] Asterisk NAT

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Thu Feb 20 13:32:10 CST 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Gholamreza Sabery <gr.sabery at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, a few days ago I sent a question:
>
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2014-February/282241.html
>
> but no one answered me! I just want to know is it possible or not?

Hi! As many others mentioned, if you don't get an answer, first go
googling then try the #asterisk IRC channel, or maybe the forums at
forums.asterisk.org. I noticed your first post today and was going to
answer it there, before I saw this new post as well...

To attempt answering your question... I believe so. The NAT section of
the sip.conf sample contains a lot of helpful options, including:

;directmedia=nonat              ; An additional option is to allow
media path redirection
                                ; (reinvite) but only when the peer
where the media is being
                                ; sent is known to not be behind a NAT
(as the RTP core can
                                ; determine it based on the apparent
IP address the media
                                ; arrives from).

That is for chan_sip in Asterisk 11, and should also be available in
Asterisk 1.8

I've not used a config with this option before, but it sounds like the
intent is what you may need.

A link to the sample file (that is also included with your source
files) http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/11/configs/sip.conf.sample?view=markup

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager