[asterisk-users] Dynamically setting from domain when calling friends

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Thu Feb 20 13:01:22 CST 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:45 AM, Torbjörn Abrahamsson
<torbjorn.abrahamsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tested SIPFROMDOMAIN, and it worked. Important thing to note is that I needed to have at least one underscore at the beginning of the variable, as your example did, it needs to be inherited at least one level. I don't really see way this should be needed, shouldn't Dial be able see it in the channel that executes the application? Maybe this should be noted on the wiki as well, to avoid this kind of confusion?

Glad to hear it worked for you!

Information on variable inheritance is already on the wiki.

Here https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Variable+Inheritance+Basics

and here https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Variable+Inheritance

Those two pages and their sub-pages have some overlap and may need to
be consolidated.

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager