[asterisk-users] Asterisk Not Starting after YUM Update - Solved

Aldo Bergamini aaberga at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 05:08:05 CST 2014

On 13 Feb 2014, at 09:55, Aldo Bergamini <aaberga at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did compile the latest DAHDI and LibPRI, with no success… So I thought about updating the Asterisk package to the last known 1.6.2 release.
>
> Now it's crashing at some different point.
>
> This is the the strace result:

Hi all,

thanks for the hints. I did solve the problem…

After reinstalling both DAHDI and LibPRI I first did recompile Asterisk, using the 1.6.2 release tarball. This proved to still make fuss, so that I redid the installation, this time with the latest 1.6.0 code.

Aside complaining about some incompatible modules, the PBX went up well. I did even reload the binaries for G729, Skype and the fax stuff.

They do not activate themselves (as an aside from the update nightmare, I had to replace an ethernet card), but this is probably due to host identification fingerprinting…

Does anybody know if it is still possible to receive a 'move to new host' authorisation from Digium for the now unsupported Skype bridge?

Thanks and best regards,
Aldo