[asterisk-users] Lots of calls, less memory

Justin Sherrill Justin.Sherrill at americanrocksalt.com
Mon Feb 10 08:37:34 CST 2014

We're running Asterisk 1.8 on a 32-bit Debian machine, and it has been fine for some time now.  But!  We've got such a incoming call volume over the few weeks that we'll have Asterisk occasionally restart itself.  My hunch is that it is in part memory pressure.

I can't add RAM and have it help, because it's 32-bit.  I intend to move to a 64-bit machine, but I was hoping to wait until summer.  Does anyone have any immediate tips for dealing with this sort of rush?

Justin Sherrill - American Rock Salt
P: 585-991-6825 F: 585-991-6925