[asterisk-users] Rejecting a call as if the extension does not exist.

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 15:10:59 CST 2014

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 2:16 AM, A J Stiles <asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk>wrote:

> You are suffering from classic Namespace Pollution.
>
> You need to put the extensions for which you are testing into their own
> separate context, e.g. "customer-realexts"; and include -that- context into
> your customer-internal context.  That way, your DIALPLAN_EXISTS() function
> call won't see the _X.  (which necessarily must be in customer-internal)
> match against.
> --

My customer-internal context doesn't have a _X. in it actually, only the
customer-fwd context does.

customer-internal contains a bunch of includes for internal extensions and
for routes for long-distance,local, toll calls etc.

It's only the forward that has and needs the wildcard match as I need the
billing code in that context to be executed before the call goes into the
customer-internal context.

I suppose I could replace the _X. with a bunch of NXXX rules in
customer-forward but it seems needlessly complex to do so there as
customer-internal already controls what can be dialed/forwarded/transferred
to by the customer.

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein