[asterisk-users] How to read IRQs and timing slips values

Russ Meyerriecks rmeyerriecks at digium.com
Mon Feb 3 11:34:46 CST 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [   42.969568] dahdi: Version: SVN-trunk-r10414
I would suggest updating DAHDI. We moved from svn to git years ago and
that repository is not maintained.

>   17:       2216    7235841   IO-APIC-fasteoi   ehci_hcd:usb1, wct2xxp
> Does it qualify as "incompatible with Dahdi because of shared IRQ" or can I
> get along  and keep testing on this machine ?
This is fine. I would only worry about sharing irqs with hardware that
would compete for interrupt time, like a network controller or disk
controller.

> At the same time, I'm seeing timing slips as with:
> The rate is 3 slips/minute.
> Has this figure any meaning (I don't have any other card to compare with) ?
3 slips a minute is too high. You'll likely hear audio artifacts like
clicks or pops if you were listening to audio on the line.
This may give you a bit more info on acceptable slip rates.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UNfzEuv1uk#t=1578

> my_handle_dchan_exception: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on D-channel of
> Thoughts ?
HDLC aborts are a symptom of timing slips, typically.

If you're legitimately recovering timing from the network properly,
then I would look at what the upstream provider is doing. Your
provider should be able to run long term loop/pattern tests to your
smartjack to determine link quality issues.

--
Russ Meyerriecks
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer