[asterisk-users] Telco with multipe SIP servers

Mon Feb 3 03:39:26 CST 2014

On 02/02/14 14:42, Markus Reschke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My telco is Deutsche Telekom and they got about 30 SIP servers right
> now. Currently I've set up a template for incoming calls in sip.conf
> and added each SIP server by it's IP address like this:
>
> [DTAG-in-1](DTAG-in-template)
> host=217.0.16.103

> [DTAG-in-30](DTAG-in-template)
> host=217.0.20.99
>
> I've done that to improve security and to be able to assign all calls
> coming in via Deutsche Telekom to a dedicated dialplan context.
> Unfortunately this approach is not scalable and it's a PITA to
> maintain a list of server IP addresses since Deutsche Telekom will get
> more SIP servers in the future. They've started to migrate the classic
> POTS/ISDN network to VoIP, the goal is get it done by 2016. Customers
> with DSL get VoIP directly, i.e. they need SIP phones or a SIP PBX,
> and customers with a phone line only are converted by the MSAN. And
> they don't provide an official list of the SIP servers :-( By some
> reverse engineering I found out that all SIP servers are within a
> specific subnet. Is there any way to match peers by subnet(s) instead
> of FQDNs or single IP addresses? If not, it would be a feature really
> needed to be able to cope with telcos running multiple or tons of SIP
> servers.
>
> cu, Markus

You could consider making use of opensips. We use it for inbound sip
connections and its fairly easy to get it to perform a database lookup
against a connecting IP address and pull out a record and pass that onto
Asterisk using a custom header. Asterisk can then trust connections from
opensips and you can read in the custom header and have the dialplan
decide what to do based upon the value.