[asterisk-users] Telco with multipe SIP servers

Markus Reschke madires at theca-tabellaria.de
Sun Feb 2 08:42:28 CST 2014

Hi!

My telco is Deutsche Telekom and they got about 30 SIP servers right now.
Currently I've set up a template for incoming calls in sip.conf and added
each SIP server by it's IP address like this:

[DTAG-in-1](DTAG-in-template)
host=217.0.16.103

[DTAG-in-30](DTAG-in-template)
host=217.0.20.99

I've done that to improve security and to be able to assign all calls
coming in via Deutsche Telekom to a dedicated dialplan context.
Unfortunately this approach is not scalable and it's a PITA to maintain a
list of server IP addresses since Deutsche Telekom will get more SIP
servers in the future. They've started to migrate the classic POTS/ISDN
network to VoIP, the goal is get it done by 2016. Customers with DSL get
VoIP directly, i.e. they need SIP phones or a SIP PBX, and customers with
a phone line only are converted by the MSAN. And they don't provide an
official list of the SIP servers :-( By some reverse engineering I found
out that all SIP servers are within a specific subnet. Is there any way to
match peers by subnet(s) instead of FQDNs or single IP addresses? If not,
it would be a feature really needed to be able to cope with telcos running
multiple or tons of SIP servers.

cu, Markus
--
/ Markus Reschke \ / madires at theca-tabellaria.de \ / FidoNet 2:240/1661 \