[asterisk-users] originate , callerid

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Sun Dec 28 12:41:22 CST 2014

If you are trying to originate a call to the outside PSTN, caller ID could be blocked by your SIP provider.  Due to regulations designed to protect consumers, caller ID is generally not trusted in the default configuration.  If this is causing your problem, contact your SIP provider and explain your situation.  As long as you guarantee you will not spoof a caller ID that you do not own, they will typically turn it on.  They may provide you with slightly different configuration settings to allow this to work.

Have a great day!