[asterisk-users] Connect Asterisk to WiFi

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Tue Dec 23 18:34:46 CST 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Joseph <syscon780 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any adapters that would allow me to connect asterisk to wifi or we
> are not there yet?
> I have Digium adapter S101i that was discontinued but similar device that
> would connect to wifi network and a cell phone would be handy.

All you need is a Wi-Fi interface for your computer, or a wired
Ethernet adapter for Wi-Fi. Such as any of these on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/b?node=13983791

Asterisk doesn't care whether it is wired or wireless, it is just
talking via IP over your network interface. The s101i was an IAX to
Analog adapter that also communicated with Asterisk over IP.

Connecting a cell phone directly to Asterisk is a whole different
story. Do you mean an actual cellular device such as a GSM cell phone?
Or do you mean a phone that connects to a 802.11 Wi-Fi signal?

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager