[asterisk-users] AMI Redirect both calls from a bridge

Neil Cherry ncherry at carehawk.com
Wed Dec 17 10:08:48 CST 2014

On 2014-12-17 9:34 AM, Karsten Wemheuer wrote:
> Hi Neil,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 17.12.2014, 09:08 -0500 schrieb Neil Cherry:
>> Doe anybody know of a way to redirect both channels from a bridge to
>> different dial plan extensions from the using the AMI.
>>
>> Currently, as soon as I redirect one of the channels the other appears
>> to be dropped and gets reorder tone (congestion, fast busy).
>>
>> I guess what I really need is a way to redirect one of the channels and
>> hold on to the other.
> I think You have to do it in two steps. First connect both legs with a
> conference and then connect each one with the final extension.
>
> You didn't tell, which version of asterisk You are using. In 11 and
> later there is the new conference module, which makes it easier.
>
> In the first step You can use AMI REDIRECT to transfer both parties into
> one dynamic conference. Use the Channel and ExtraChannel to take both
> channels.
>
> In the second step use AMI Join Events to trigger your next transfer to
> the different extensions in Your dialplan. Each channel joining the
> conference will generate a separate event.
>
> HTH,
>
> Karsten

Thank you for your response.

I am using Asterisk 11.

My issue was simpler than your solution, in that I was simply able to
use the ExtraChannel on the Redirect command to send the second channel
directly to the second exten and not have it dropped. My problem was
that I did not realize that I could use the "Extra" fields in the
redirect command.

The scenario was while two channels are in a bridge (call) I want to put
one on hold and supply dial tone to the other. I have an exten
toredirect the on hold channel to and a dial tone exten to redirect the
other channel to, but I was trying to do each in a separate redirect
instead of combining them in one redirect action.

Thanks for you help,
     Neil Cherry