[asterisk-users] Realtime not storing voicemail password changes

Paddy Grice paddy at wizaner.com
Tue Dec 16 06:25:44 CST 2014

Hi All

I am trying to get voicemail switched over to ARA on version 13 and notice
that the password is not stored in the db when it is changed.

A little hair pulling and playing around and I think the problem is in the
function ast_update2_realtime in main/config.c.

Issued source is ==>

int ast_update2_realtime(const char *family, ...)
{
        RAII_VAR(struct ast_variable *, lookup_fields, NULL,
ast_variables_destroy);
        RAII_VAR(struct ast_variable *, update_fields, NULL,
ast_variables_destroy);
        va_list ap;

        va_start(ap, family);
        /* XXX: If we wanted to pass no lookup fields (select all), we'd be
         * out of luck. realtime_arguments_to_fields expects at least one
key
         * value pair. */
        realtime_arguments_to_fields(ap, &lookup_fields);
        va_end(ap);

        va_start(ap, family);
        realtime_arguments_to_fields2(ap, 1, &lookup_fields);
        va_end(ap);

        if (!lookup_fields || !update_fields) {
                return -1;
        }

        return ast_update2_realtime_fields(family, lookup_fields,
update_fields);
}

I believe line 3314 of the file main/config.c should be

        realtime_arguments_to_fields2(ap, 1, &update_fields);

I have changed it and it works for me - but -

1)    I don't know what else this may effect
2)    I dont know how to pass this on to the development team

Paddy