[asterisk-users] How to get BEEP BEEP BEEP when underline sends 486 Busy Here.

symack symack at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 20:04:25 CST 2014

Hello There,

I would like to play a busy tone (ie BEEP BEEP BEEP) when the underline
carrier sends back 486 Busy Here. Looking at Dial parameters (
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Dial), it mentioned
something about the r
parameter as not being very professional or something like that...
Then there was:

U(x): Executes, via gosub, routine x on the called channel. This is similar
M above, but a gosub rather than a macro. The subroutine can set
${GOSUB_RESULT}__ to the following:

ABORT: Hang up both legs
CONGESTION: Signal congestion to the caller
BUSY: Signal busy to the caller
CONTINUE: Hangup the called party but continue execution at the next
priority in the dialplan for the caller
GOTO: Transfer the execution to context^exten^pri

I could not grasp how to include this in my Dial command. Your help is
greatly appreciated.

Nick from Toronto.