[asterisk-users] Corrupt MixMonitor recordings - .gsm format

Stefan Viljoen viljoens at verishare.co.za
Fri Dec 12 00:31:12 CST 2014

Hi all

Asterisk 1.8.11.0 on Centos 6.5

My VOIP phones are using G729 to a G729 trunk from a vendor (Centracom,
South Africa). Unlicensed G729 codec version on server.

75% of my .gsm files from MixMonitor are coming up corrupted about 3 minutes
into the recording.

The server has been up for 7 months beforehand with no problems with
recordings to .gsm format files.

I noted warnings and errors in the CLI, apparently coinceding with corrupt
MixMonitor recordings:

format_gsm.c:65 gsm_read: Short read (13) (Resource temporarily
unavailable)!

WARNING[30727]: app_dial.c:1379 wait_for_answer: Unable to write frametype:
2

WARNING[14712]: file.c:766 ast_readaudio_callback: Failed to write frame

WARNING[2612]: file.c:766 ast_readaudio_callback: Failed to write frame

WARNING[25283]: format_gsm.c:65 gsm_read: Short read (32) (Resource
temporarily unavailable)!

WARNING[28804]: file.c:766 ast_readaudio_callback: Failed to write frame

WARNING[28804]: file.c:766 ast_readaudio_callback: Failed to write frame

I'm using 1.8.11.0 on 14 sites countrywide for 3 years now, recording about
80 000 .gsm recordings per day.

The actual VOIP audio is fine, the callers don't have any problems actually
talking to people, it is just the recording that is corrupt, the
conversation itself is fine.

Only one site has started producing corrupt .gsm files since last week. I've
already replaced that server with a brand new one, reinstalled the operating
system and Asterisk, problem still persists.

I've extensively searched online but nobody seems to have ever experienced
massive .gsm files corruption from MixMonitor - any ideas where I can even
start to look to solve this?

Thank you