[asterisk-users] Passing literals with commas to subroutine

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 09:23:42 CST 2014

You can escape characters with a backslash, I've not tried it in this case
but it may help you.

Another idea is you could encode your data with the BASE64_ENCODE or
URIENCODE * functions and decode it in your subroutine.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Function_BASE64_ENCODE

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Function_URIENCODE

* I'm not certain if URIENCODE will escape the comma, it sounds like it
should reading the RFC.

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 2:44 AM, Daniel Gonzalez <gonvaled at gonvaled.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Let's say I do:
>
> Set(data=xxx,yyy)
> Gosub(my-sub,s,1(${data}))
>
> My subroutine will only receive "xxx" for ARG1. How can I pass a literal
> with a comma to a single argument in a subroutine?
>
> (The point is: when calling the subroutine I do not know if the variable
> has a comma or not.)
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel
>
> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein