[asterisk-users] On Fedora, kernel update resets /var/run/asterisk owner to root.root

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Dec 2 13:45:14 CST 2014

Are you using the Fedora RPMs or are you compiling it yourself?  If
you're compiling it yourself, you'll need to create a file called
/etc/tmpfiles.d/asterisk.conf with this content:

d /run/asterisk 0755 asterisk asterisk

On Fedora /var/run is a symlink to /run, and /run is a tmpfs
partition, which means it gets wiped out every time you reboot.
systemd-tmpfiles uses the files in /etc/tmpfiles.d and
/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d to recreate files/directories at boot time.

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 1:22 PM, sean darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fedora 20, every time the kernel updates, /var/run/asterisk owner is set
> to root.root.  I'm running asterisk under user asterisk.
>
> Is there any way to keep /var/run/asterisk as asterisk.asterisk. Or do I
> find a new place to put asterisk.pid?
>
> sean
>

> --

Jeff Ollie