[asterisk-users] PRI timing settings

Johann Steinwendtner steinwendtner at gmx.net
Wed Aug 20 01:04:52 CDT 2014

On 2014-08-19 23:56, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wrote earlier today about a new PRI installation in the Caribbean, where all outbound calls are functioning fine *except* calls to Sprint phone numbers, which get rejected immediately as "busy".
>
> The telco has been working with their switch manufacturer and took the output of "pri show span 1" from me and came back with this:
>
> ----quote---
>
> Please check your timers below.  How did you determine your settings?
>
>   * Timer and counter settings:
>        N200: 3
>        N202: 3
>        K: 7
>        T200: 1000
>        T201: 1000
>        T202: 2000
>        T203: 10000
>        T303: 4000
>        T305: 30000
>        T308: 4000
>     T309: 6000    Our switch: Telcordia National ISDN 2: Range 10 - 90 seconds, default 90 seconds.
>
>   *
>

>        T312: 6000
>        T313: 4000
>     T316: -1        Our switch: Telcordia National ISDN 2: Range 10 - 120 seconds, default 30 seconds.
>

>    N316: 2
>    T-HOLD: 4000
>    T-RETRIEVE: 4000
>    T-RESPONSE: 4000
>
> ---end quote---
>

> Now I have no idea what T309 or T316 represent, but it seems odd that timers and counters would cause such an odd result... and the failure is immediate, not after some amount of timeout.  Can anyone
> shed light on these settings and tell me if they are configurable?

I don't think that this has something to do with the timers. I recommend to enable debug of your pri connection to
get a trace to a sprint phone number. There you should get the disconnect cause of the call. Then your provider should be
able to help you out.
Maybe the reason of the problem is an incorrect number setting.

Regards

Hans