[asterisk-users] Possible handle leak in PJSIP

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Aug 15 07:49:50 CDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 6:42 PM, CDR <venefax at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> The machine has 30 asterisk process, most of them dormant.
> There is no way with 164 active calls we may have 10484 handles allocated.
> I have no idea how to debug this. I suggest that an experienced
> engineer from Digium logs into the box  and researches this problem,
> else nobody is going to ever be able to use PJSIP in production.

No one from Digium will log on to your machine. If you need more
dedicated support than what the mailing list provides, I suggest you
look for someone who is willing to provide technical support for your
systems [1].

<snip>

> The idea is to bridge calls based on the codec to avoid any
> transcoding, so I have two outbound codecs and I dial like this:
>
> exten => _X.,1,Set(_SIP_CODEC_OUTBOUND=${CHANNEL(audiowriteformat):0:4})
> exten => _X.,n,Goto(${SIP_CODEC_OUTBOUND})
> exten => _X.,n(ulaw),Dial(PJSIP/alawoutbound/sip:${EXTEN}@X.X.X.X)
> exten => _X.,n(g729),Dial(PJSIP/g729outbound/sip:${EXTEN}@X.X.X.X)
>
> As you can see, "Houston, we have a problem"

First, what version of Asterisk are you running? There has been at
least one RTP port leak that was fixed in chan_pjsip that was fixed in
12.4.0 [2]. If you aren't running that version of Asterisk, please
upgrade and test again.

However, if you *are* running 12.4.0 or later, then please open an
issue in the issue tracker - https://issues.asterisk.org/jira.
However, since this may be a file descriptor leak, there are some
additional build options you will need to enable in Asterisk.

1. Run make menuselect
2. Select DEBUG_FD_LEAKS in "Compiler Flags"
3. Save, exit, and re-build Asterisk

Run Asterisk and reproduce the problem. When you have reproduced the
problem, provide the following on your issue:
* The dialplan that reproduces the problem (which is in this e-mail,
but needs to be attached as a .conf file on the issue for the
developers who look at it)
* Your pjsip.conf
* A FULL debug log illustrating the problem. Instructions on getting
such a log are on the wiki [3]
* Execute the CLI command 'core show fd'. This will dump out all
allocated file descriptors. Attach the output of the command to the
issue as well

[2] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-23721
[3] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Collecting+Debug+Information

--