[asterisk-users] How to master Asterisk version when cloning PJPROJECT ?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Aug 14 05:03:43 CDT 2014

Olivier wrote:
> Hello,

Kia ora,

> I'm giving Asterisk 12 and 13 my first try.
>
> When compiling PJPROJECT from source, as described in wiki page, I'm using this:
>          git clone https://github.com/asterisk/pjproject pjproject
>
> I suppose the above PJPROJECT is evolving for Asterisk 12, Asterisk 13
> and later.

This is actually unlikely. PJPROJECT itself is an outside project[1]. A
version exists in git by us because we added shared library support to
it (which is now upstream). The git repo exists for now in case we need
to make any other large changes. It may go away in the future and the
instructions updated to just use pjproject from upstream.

> A quick look at https://github.com/asterisk/pjproject shows several tags.
>
> I want to be able to build a bit-to-bit exact copy of given setup,
> several months later.

I'd just use a specific released version of pjproject. I personally use
the SVN version of pjproject to ensure that Asterisk can compile against
it at all times. Provided you use the 2.x series then it's fine.

[1] http://www.pjsip.org/

--
Joshua Colp