[asterisk-users] [OT] Split a recording based on a presence of beep sound

Scott Griepentrog sgriepentrog at digium.com
Wed Aug 13 09:59:19 CDT 2014

You would probably have better results from using a specific frequency tone
(or dual tones) as the beep and then using a tone detection algorithm to
locate it, in the same way that DTMF works.

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 2:25 AM, Satish Barot <satish4asterisk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been working on a project where I need to record a call in Asterisk
> and then split the recording into multiple audio files based on a presence
> of particular sound (i.e. beep) in a recording.
> I know this is out of scope for Asterisk but I wanted to benefit from
> someone else's experience if it has been done earlier.
> I have googled a bit and seems that Audio fingerprint(
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_fingerprint) is something I should
> concentrate on.
> Your views are highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> --Satish
>
> --

[image: Digium logo]
Scott Griepentrog
Digium, Inc · Software Developer
445 Jan Davis Drive NW · Huntsville, AL 35806 · US
direct/fax: +1 256 428 6239 · mobile: +1 317 507 4029
Check us out at: http://digium.com · http://asterisk.org