[asterisk-users] Better info on call failure

Nick Olsen nick at flhsi.com
Wed Aug 13 08:31:01 CDT 2014

Hey everyone,

 Currently, I've got a PBX that is emailing me on call failures to an
international SIP provider of ours.

 I'm doing this with exten => 1,1,System(mail -s "Call from
${CALLERID(num)} to ${DNID} Failed with DialStatus ${DIALSTATUS}"
nick at flhsi.com < /dev/null)

 This works fine, However it's a little lacking. For Instance,

 Our INTL SIP provider will bounce back SIP status messages if the call is
rejected. 503 Service unavailable. 6XX over rate limit. 6XX blocked
destination..etc. Anyone have any ideas about how I might capture that and
include it in my email. Right now they just all bounce CHANUNAVAIL which is
expected.

 Thanks!

 Nick Olsen
Network Operations  (855) FLSPEED  x106