[asterisk-users] Asterisk support for Bittorrent Bleep

Farid Fadaie farid at bittorrent.com
Mon Aug 11 10:46:36 CDT 2014

Hello,

Full disclosure: my name is Farid Fadaie and I'm in charge of BitTorrent
Bleep (a private P2P SIP-based messaging application in early alpha)
http://blog.bittorrent.com/2014/07/30/building-an-engine-for-decentralized-communications/

I have personally been a fan of Asterisk and have been using it for years
and now that we have (kind of) released Bleep, I wanted to ask you guys to
let us know what you think. Considering that Bleep is built on an engine
(think of it as a distributed SIP proxy) that supports SIP, I thought it
might be beneficial to ask you guys for your ideas.

Here is what I have in mind but will be happy to hear your thoughts on
everything that is relevant to Bleep and Asterisk:

1- What do you think about supporting Bleep in Asterisk? Similar to Skype
channels but way more flexible (considering the interface will be SIP). Our
engine can take care of all lookups, NAT traversals, encryption, etc. We
can essentially enable Asterisk connected devices to be able to talk to
Bleep users.

2- How could the Asterisk community benefit from Bleep (or the engine
behind it)?

3- what features would you like to see implemented in Bleep (the consumer
app) or its engine?

Let's see if we can come up with any interesting idea. Thanks in advance.

Farid