[asterisk-users] Asterisk not honoring astetcdir

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Sat Aug 9 23:00:23 CDT 2014

Running 11.10.2 on NetBSD 6.1.4 but I observed this on 11.11.0 as
well.  I have a directory which, through a combination of NULL mount
and UNION mount contains everything in the installed config
directory /usr/pkg/etc/asterisk except for my modified versions of
those files.  Basically I mount_null /usr/pkg/etc/asterisk
on /usr/local/etc/asterisk and then mount_union my SVN directory with
my modified versions over that.

I then call asterisk with "-C /usr/local/etc/asterisk.conf" which
contains the following:

[directories](!)
astetcdir => /usr/local/etc/asterisk
etc...

I have checked and nowhere in /usr/local/etc/asterisk is the string
"pkg/etc".  Yet, when I reload the logger module it
loads /usr/pkg/etc/asterisk/logger.conf instead of my modified version
in /usr/local/etc/asterisk.  Is there some other place to define this?

Note, I don't want to compile the new location into asterisk because I
need the distribution files in the standard place for the above to work.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net