[asterisk-users] How to tell the diff. between a fax and an audio call on outbound calls

Tech Support asterisk at voipbusiness.us
Fri Aug 8 12:56:34 CDT 2014

All;

    I have a customer who does some small, limited fax broadcasting. What he
wants to do is to be able to tell when a phone number is actually a human
rather than a fax machine so he can delete the number from his customer
list. Determining whether a call is a fax or not on the incoming is easy,
but I'm not quite sure how to do that with an outbound call. Any insight at
all would be greatly appreciated. On a related note, is it possible to tell
if an outbound call to a phone number is disconnected?

Thanks;

John V.