[asterisk-users] The plain old PBX functionality

David Duffett dduffett at digium.com
Fri Aug 8 11:13:23 CDT 2014

Using the BLFs on Digium phones does not require the use of the Digium
Phone Module for Asterisk, or DPMA. SchmoozeCom (the FreePBX guys) use the
BLFs on Digium phones independently of the DPMA.

I am not sure why a previous response refers to this module as 'toxic'. It
is a free to use module which allows a host of Digium phone features to be
quickly implemented with Asterisk, like security-enhanced auto provisioning.

Digium phones are the only SIP phones in the world designed specifically to
work with Asterisk, and each purchase helps to fund the ongoing development
of open source Asterisk. In addition, they have a JavaScript API that
allows anyone that wants to create custom apps on the phone to do so.

They can, of course, work with any standard SIP system and can be
provisioned using FTP/HTTP(S) and XML files, just like any other phone.