[asterisk-users] *SOLVED* Re: Anyone have any experience with inbound SIP trunks from Simwood?

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 10:06:52 CDT 2014

On Wednesday 06 Aug 2014, I wrote:
> I'm trying -- unsuccessfully! -- to configure an inbound trunk with
> Simwood, and I was hoping someone on this list might have managed to do
> this.
>
> I have configured some numbers to route to a SIP endpoint
>   %e164 at customer's server
> and convinced the customer to open up UDP ports 5060 and 10000 - 20000.
>
> Calling the number gets a SIP request from Simwood.  The customer's machine
> then sends a SIP 401 response.  Simwood send an ACK .....  and then
> nothing. Nothing appears in the Asterisk CLI; to get the SIP trace I used
> the command
>
> # ngrep -t -q -n -q -Wbyline -deth0 1283 port 5060
>
> (note that 1283 = the STD code from which the call is originating, so it
> should show up in any related packets.)
>

> ##########  sip.conf  ##########
> [simwood_in_slough]
> type=friend
> host=178.22.140.34
> fromdomain=178.22.140.34
> permit=178.22.140.34/255.255.255.255
> qualify=no
> context=from-simwood
> dtmfmode=rfc2833
> insecure=invite,port
> disallow=all
> allow=alaw
> nat=yes
> directmedia=no

.....  And my mistake was in sip.conf.  The configuration stanza I had named
"simwood_in_slough" should, of course, have been named after the number I had
programmed in at the other end of the trunk .....

*hangs head in shame*

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .