[asterisk-users] Moving from Redfone's Fonebridge to Allo 2nd Gen PRI card

tirveni yadav yadav.tirveni at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 23:37:37 CDT 2014

We have been running around than 40 asterisk servers running on Debian
Squeeze for last three years, handling traffic of more than few
hundred thousand calls per day.

Our setup's PRI-banks were using Redfone's Fonebridge. We had PRIs
from multiple telephony providers. And Redfone's Fonebridge handled
all that easily.

But all good things come to end. Redfone's Fonebridge was not
available anymore. And we had to seek replacement.

We got to know abot Allo's 2nd Generation PRI card with echo cancellation.

Though we had not used any Allo product before, hence we were unsure
of using them. But what made us select Allo for migration was that,
Allo provides 5 years of warranty on their products.

Hence Allo card was selected.

We have started to use the card on the production and results have
been good. In eight hours in a day it is handling around 50,000 calls,
without any issues. There are no issues in voice quality.

Allo PRI Card:   2aCP4e (2nd Gen)
Processor:      Intel(R)        Xeon(R) CPU           E5620  @ 2.40GHz
OS                  Debian GNU/Linux 7.6 (wheezy)
RAM:               16 GB
10AM 6 PM     50000 Per day
Libpri:             1.4.12-2
Asterisk:         1.8.13.1~dfsg1-3+deb7u3

--
Regards,

Tirveni Yadav

What is this Universe ? From what it arises ? Into what does it go?
In freedom it arises, In freedom it rests and into freedom it melts away.
Upanishads.