[asterisk-users] From and To headers contain same account in INVITEs

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Aug 6 07:26:28 CDT 2014

Olli Heiskanen wrote:
> Hello,

Kia ora,

> I noticed a strange thing while testing my Asterisk-Kamailio Realtime
> setup. In an INVITE the From and To headers contain the same number when
> calling through a Realtime integration setup. This happens when the
> INVITE leaves Asterisk.
>
> Can you guys tell me what might be causing this? I have 660 at testers.com
> <mailto:660 at testers.com> as a websocket client and 700 at testers.com
> <mailto:700 at testers.com> (caller) using a Zoiper client (db output
> below). The call itself works, audio and all, only those headers are
> puzzling to me. I noticed this when I tried to add a label saying '700
> calling' on my web page. The same thing happens when I call from 660 to
> 700.

Your configuration has "fromuser" set which explicitly sets the user
portion of the From header to what you specify. This is commonly used
for ITSPs as they use that to determine who you are trying to
authenticate as. If you require this to be set then caller id
information has to be transported in a different manner (RPID or PAI).

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp