[asterisk-users] Connecting Asterisk and BT Versatility PBX via NT BRI port

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Fri Aug 1 14:13:12 CDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 1:26 PM, <kernel at tekno-soft.it> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Aug 2014 12:39:18 -0500, Richard Mudgett wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Roberto Fichera  wrote:

<snip>

Does anyone know how can I solve this problem?

>> You might want to try bri_net_ptmp since bri_net is for point-to-point
>> operation
>> and you are not getting any response from the BT.  The BT may be
>> expecting
>>  to operate in point-to-multi-point mode.  Otherwise, you may have a
>> cabling
>>
>> problem.
>>

> Actually I've also tried to set it in PTMP mode without success. The BT
> landline
> seems configured in PTP BTW. Regarding the cable, it seems to work because
> I've
> used it to connect the Panasonic PBX which indeed work.

The main distinguishing thing between PTP mode and PTMP mode
with chan_dahdi/libpri is the TEI being used.  PTP mode only uses
TEI=0.  PTMP mode uses auto-assigned TEIs.

You could also have an issue with terminating resistors.  Only one side
should have them in the circuit.  If both sides have them or neither side
has them then you will have communication problems.

Richard