[asterisk-users] asterisk's internal database

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Wed Apr 30 14:48:56 CDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 1:31 AM, binary dreamer
<dreamer.binary at gmail.com> wrote:
> i would like to read information from a file (txt)

There are a few applications and functions that may help you out.

In Asterisk 10 or before try the ReadFile application. Otherwise in 11
or beyond I believe you want the FILE function.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+11+Application_ReadFile
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+11+Function_FILE

You could also use the SHELL function to execute a command on the
system and capture output

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+11+Function_SHELL

Then you might also look into Asterisk Gateway Interface for more
complex tasks and control.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+11+Application_AGI
http://asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edition/asterisk-book-html-chunk/AGI.html

If you are learning Asterisk; the book I linked above contains some
great information on AGI and is written by some of our notable
community members. The latest edition is available here:
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920025894.do

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager