[asterisk-users] Does CalDAV require neon-0.29 , not 0.30?

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Sun Apr 27 21:42:37 CDT 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Sean Darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Asterisk-11.9.0, Fedora 20:
>
> res_calendar_caldav.so => (Asterisk CalDAV Calendar Integration)
> [Apr 27 10:49:13] ERROR[4255]: res_calendar_ews.c:911 load_module: Exchange
> Web Service calendar module require neon >= 0.29.1, but neon 0.30.0: Library
> build, IPv6, Expat 2.1.0, zlib 1.2.8, GNU TLS 3.1.13. is installed.
>
> Is this a bug, or do I need to downgrade to 0.29?

It is not a bug. res_calendar_ews was written to use neon 0.29. It
checks the version using ne_version_match, the documentation of which
specifies that for every version of neon beginning with major version
0, all versions of neon are assumed to be incompatible:

{quote}
The ne_version_match function returns non-zero if the library version
is not of major version major, or the minor version is less than
minor. For neon versions 0.x, every minor version is assumed to be
incompatible with every other minor version.
{quote}

http://www.webdav.org/neon/doc/html/refvers.html

You should either downgrade to 0.29, or else have a community
developer determine if res_calendar_ews is compatible with later
versions of neon.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan