[asterisk-users] Open Source Asterisk Polling Solution

Josh Metzger joshdmetzger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 10:36:55 CDT 2014

I've always done my DB access via func_odbc and not with the mysql
package.  While we ran a MySQL db, I was more comfortable with the odbc
stuff because it was part of Asterisk core and not an addon package.  I
can't speak to the simplicity of using the mysql stuff vs the odbc stuff,
but there isn't a lot to creating your query in func_odbc and then calling
it from your dialplan (and passing a few variables).  I'd say it's no more
difficult than calling an AGI, in my case we WERE processing a LARGE volume
of calls, and importantly: It didn't require me to learn C or PHP.  ;-)

Now if you want complicated, somewhere I have a very long GotoIf() that
includes an ODBC call and nested Math() functions...

-Josh