[asterisk-users] Open Source Asterisk Polling Solution

Josh Metzger joshdmetzger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 08:16:14 CDT 2014

I agree that ODBC is the way to go here.  It's trivially easy to setup, and
equally simple to push database updates via the dialplan.  I've used ODBC
connectivity with Asterisk in a large and VERY busy call center, and
performance was never remotely an issue (call recording is a different
story, but that's something else entirely...).  There was mention of
checking against a DNC list, and ODBC would be good for this as well - just
put that into a table and match against it before making your outbound
call.

-Josh