[asterisk-users] DAHDI loading issue on Asterisk

steve at vanwambeck.net steve at vanwambeck.net
Wed Apr 16 17:32:25 CDT 2014

(resend in plain text)...

Josh,

Yes, I only have one span currently connected, the other 3 are looped.
With the Asterisk process stopped I do see the OK on the "dahdi_tool"
screen.

I am not seeing any sort of errors in the /var/log/asterisk directory
but when I start asterisk manually with the -f option I do get the
following:

Unable to open '/dev/dahdi/channel': Permission denied
Unable to open channel 1: Permission denied
here = 0, tmp->channel = 1, channel = 1
Unable to register channel '1-23'
poll() failed: Interrupted system call

Looking at the /dev/dahdi directory I see the following:
    snip
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       12 Apr 15 11:30 95 -> chan/004/023
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       12 Apr 15 11:30 96 -> chan/004/024
drwxr-xr-x  6 root root      120 Apr 15 11:30 chan
crw-rw----  1 root root 196, 254 Apr 15 11:30 channel
crw-rw----  1 root root 196,   0 Apr 15 11:30 ctl
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root       80 Apr 15 11:30 devices
crw-rw----  1 root root 196, 255 Apr 15 11:30 pseudo
crw-rw----  1 root root 196, 253 Apr 15 11:30 timer
root at asteriskpbx:

I compiled the dahdi package under "sudo su", perhaps that is what is
wrong???