[asterisk-users] Connecting 2 asterisks, one with PJSIP and other SIP returning 401

Gervasio Marchand Cassataro gmc at gmc.uy
Wed Apr 16 16:26:25 CDT 2014

It's my first post here, so I'll cut to the chase

I have 2 Asterisk servers and want to connect them using sip on one and
pjsip on the other one. One is running at home and another at a VPS. The
first one will be the client (with dynamic ip) and the 2nd the server.

The client uses sip and the server pjsip.

This is the client's sip.conf

[general]
context = default
allowguest = no
realm = myrealm.com
udpbindaddr = 0.0.0.0
qualify = yes
subscribecontext = default
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
externhost=myhost.com
externrefresh=30
dtmfmode = auto
canreinvite = no
jbenable = no
sendrpid = yes
trustrpid = no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
register => myuser:mypass at vpsserver

[vpsserver]
type=friend
secret=myuser
defaultuser=mypass
host=vpsserver.domain.com
context=inbound
canreinvite=no
insecure=port,invite

And this is the server's pjsip.conf

[transport-udp]
type=transport
protocol=udp
bind=0.0.0.0

[home]
type=endpoint
context=trusted
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
transport=transport-udp
auth=home
aors=home

[home]
type=auth
auth_type=userpass
password=mypass
username=myuser

[home]
type=aor
max_contacts=10

When I check on the client, executing sip show registry I get

Host                                    dnsmgr Username       Refresh
State                Reg.Time
vpsserver:5060                              N      myuser       104
Registered           Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:57:34

which I guess means everything is ok... on the client side, I have on my
extensions.conf

exten => 66,1,Dial(SIP/1 at vpsserver)

and on the server's extensions.conf (in the trusted context) I have

exten => 1,1,Playback(hello-world)

So far so good... but when I dial 66 on my client Asterisk, I see the
following SIP dialog on the server... the only weird thing is that I see
some From: 192.168.1.112 (that's my home Asterisk's internal IP... the
externhost works fine for all the providers I'm using, so I doubt that's an
issue)

http://pastebin.com/hkFezB8j

Thanks in advance!