[asterisk-users] how to configure callcentric peer: no fqdn address matching?

Kai-Uwe Jensen kujensen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 17:29:12 CDT 2014

> So do I need 7 contexts, one for each ip address?
>
> sean

Yes, if what you call a "context" is your peer definition in sip.conf. CC
routes calls through a varying number of SBCs, all (also) resolving to
callcentric.com, but each having their own name, typically "
alphaxy.callcenctric.com".

I think you can use asterisk's configuration template syntax to create the
required peer definitions. This would likely look similar to this (from
memory):

[alpha11]
host=alpha11.callcentric.com

[alpha12]
host=alpha12.callcentric.com

[callcentric](alpha11,alpha12)
type=peer
context=from-callcentric
defaultuser=1777<myccid>
secret=<mysecret>
fromuser=1777<myccid>
fromdomain=callcentric.com
insecure=port,invite
disallowed_methods=UPDATE
directmedia=no
videosupport=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

Add templates for all IPs that callcentric.com returns. Note that this
approach isn't foolproof: if/when CC change their pool of SBCs, you may
have to add more hosts, or remove them from this config. And, as you say, I
believe the cause is that asterisk only uses the first returned IP for a
host name. (Interestingly, the DNS server authoritative for CC also varies
the order of IPs it returns. Guess that's their way load-balancing.)

And again, the above is from memory. I can look it up later today and will
follow up if I goofed/misremembered.