[asterisk-users] Old Asterisk Release wanting to upgrade ...

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Tue Apr 15 03:37:26 CDT 2014

Hello,
I have been running Asterisk for the past 5+ years on RedHat and I never upgraded it before.
All my Asterisk software is of the following release:
1) Asterisk 1.4.21.2
2) Libpri-1.4.4
3) Zaptel-1.4.11
I would like to move the OS to CentOS and then I thought I can at the same time ponder about upgrading Asterisk releases.
However, I am bewildered by the myriad of different releases like 1.6, 1.8, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x, 13.x
Can someone please give me some advice as to what release I should upgrade?
Or should I just stick to 1.4.x and just upgrade DAHDI?
Thanks.
Regards,
John Lee