[asterisk-users] Alembic - Asterisk 11

Josh Metzger joshdmetzger at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:26:14 CDT 2014

I've had years of experience using ODBC for CDR, SIP, and extensions with
Asterisk.  One thing that has been problematic in the past is with
documentation as far as database tables changing between versions (even
within minor releases, though that was back in the 1.4 days).  I was
excited to see there is a plan for better managing that on Asterisk 12 via
Alembic.  All that being said, are there any plans to implement that with
Asterisk 11, since that is the current LTS release?  Or are we pretty sure
the table structure won't be changing within that version through the rest
of its lifespan, making such an effort a waste?

Thanks,

Josh