[asterisk-users] Asterisk on OSX

Matt Behrens matt at zigg.com
Fri Apr 11 05:33:31 CDT 2014

On Apr 11, 2014, at 3:01 AM, Manu <etann at manu-dpk.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I used asterisk on Debian7 and it was good experience.
> Now, i'm using osx on mac mini.
> I'd like to install asterisk 12.
> I tried to compile it and after lot of searches, I got it.
> All sip accounts log in. I can call but I haven't any sounds.
> - for IVR,
> - for voicemail,
> - for out and in calling...
> Please help me...
> Thank you in advance....

Last time I tried building Asterisk 11 on OS X, the res_timing_kqueue module wasn’t working properly, IIRC.  Switching to res_timing_pthread worked.

I don’t know how well that setup performs under load, though; I only run Asterisk on my MacBook for development (and have switched to doing so inside a Vagrant virtual machine anyway, which definitely stutters.)