[asterisk-users] VPN SIP Phone | PC Traffic

Positively Optimistic positivelyoptimistic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 05:42:46 CDT 2014

We are using vpn routers to connect home users back to our office network.
  Basically, shipping a mikrotik router that 'calls home' and establishes a
vpn connection for the pc and phone that are connected to the mikrotik...
user plugs router in, plugs phone and computer into router, and that
traffic is encapsulated back to our office... simple and straighforward.

We would like to remove the router from the equation...  does anyone know
of a SIP phone with a built in VPN client that can provide the tunnel for *both
the phone and the pc traffic*?  It would seem trivial to route a subnet
down to the vpn client in the phone, that would be available to devices
connected on the PC side of the telephone..  This would be tremendous for
an at-home contact center agent..    An added benefit would be to limit
connections the connection on the PC side of the phone to a specific mac
address..

We're aware of the opportunity to use a softphone on the pc with a vpn
client.   though, we're looking for a physical phone.