[asterisk-users] No voice when the calls come from Internet

neo haux neo.haux at gmx.com
Tue Apr 8 22:03:10 CDT 2014

Hi,

 I have trouble establishing a call between between two SIP phones. One sip
phone is, with asterisk server, at home behind a firewall. The second sip
phone is an iPhone with 3G wireless connection.

 When I call from the SIP device at home the SIP account on the Internet
(iphone + 3G) I can hear voice on both devices. But when I call from the
Internet to my home SIP I get the ring but when I answer I don't hear any
thing!

 I have asterisk v11 installed at home all the incoming TCP/UDP 5060 and a
defined UDP range in rtp.conf forwarded to my Asterisk server.

 Do you have any idea when the voice is heard only when the call is from my
local network to the Internet and not in the other direction ?

 Nevertheless, when both SIP devices are in the same home IP network the
call is made without any problem whatever who starts the call.

Regards,