[asterisk-users] Confbridge options

Johan Wilfer lists at jttech.se
Fri Apr 4 17:17:04 CDT 2014

2014-04-04 23:33, Johan Wilfer skrev:
>> Also - setting quiet=yes still plays join/leave sound. My current
>> work-around is:
>> sound_join=silence/1
>> sound_leave=silence/1
>> But this seems a bit ineffective... In Meetme the quiet-flag also
>> disabled join/leave sounds. Is this by design or an oversight?
>
> Reading the source I get the impression that the intended behavior is:
>
> 1. Read "sound_only_person" if not flags "quiet" or "announce_only_user"
> is set. (apps/app_confbridge.c:1099)
> 2. No join sounds if flag "quiet" is set. (apps/app_confbridge.c:1714)
>

> But this is not what happens with 11.8.1, this is the bridge/user:
>
> [conference_bridge]
> type=bridge
>
> [conference_user]
> type=user
> admin=no
> marked=no
> startmuted=no
> announce_only_user=no
> quiet=yes
>
> With this I get join sounds played, and only_user is announced as well..

I should have gone to sleep I think, my brain doesn't work. I think I
get it now however.

Short version:
With dynamic user profiles, CONFBRIDGE(user,template)=user_profile) must
be used. The profile supplied in ConfBridge is ignored and I missed
that. The end.

Long version:

This works:
ConfBridge(1,conference_bridge,conference_user);

dev02*CLI> confbridge list 1
Channel                        User Profile     Bridge Profile   Menu
           CallerID         Muted
============================== ================ ================
================ ================ =====
SIP/jttech_sip2-00000004       conference_user  conference_bridge
            No

But this does not:
Set(CONFBRIDGE(user,startmuted)=no);
ConfBridge(1,conference_bridge,conference_user);

dev02*CLI> confbridge list 1
Channel                        User Profile     Bridge Profile   Menu
           CallerID         Muted
============================== ================ ================
================ ================ =====
SIP/jttech_sip2-00000005                        conference_bridge
            No

I expected Confbridge to use the supplied user_profile as a template and
overlay the specific settings I set with CONFBRIDGE(user) on top of that
profile. But instead it seems like the default profile is used.

This however works (I should have read the docs more carefully):

Set(CONFBRIDGE(user,template)=conference_user);
Set(CONFBRIDGE(user,startmuted)=no);
ConfBridge(1,conference_bridge);

dev02*CLI> confbridge list 1
Channel                        User Profile     Bridge Profile   Menu
           CallerID         Muted
SIP/jttech_sip2-00000007       conference_user  conference_bridge
            Yes

With dynamic user profiles, CONFBRIDGE(user,template)=user_profile) must
be used. The profile supplied in ConfBridge is ignored if one is present.

I didn't expect that...

--
Johan Wilfer