[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11 under VMware?

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Fri Apr 4 14:32:39 CDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Carlos Chavez <cursor at telecomabmex.com> wrote:
>     I have found Asterisk using only SIP is very responsive on virtual
> machines.  We have used VMs for call center applications and for complex IVR
> solutions without problems.  Obviously there is overhead running a VM so you
> can never expect a VM to perform as well as bare metal.  Running a single VM
> on a server is a complete waste of resources, might as well run natively.

Well, regardless of how many VMs you run on bare metal, you do get the
benefit of the VM technology.  Even if OP runs 1 VM on the box, he
could leverage snapshots in VM ware for the purpose or migrating or
back ups.  I don't think it is a waste per say, just different
requirements.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)