[asterisk-users] Generating a different countries ringtone on a per call basis

Wed Sep 25 06:45:08 CDT 2013

We can use the Dial() command with the 'r' option in order to generate
the UK ringtone (as we are UK based the default is UK).
How do we generate a USA ringtone for example?

I have tried setting the CHANNEL(language) and CHANNEL(tonezone) to 'us'
(and calling Progress() beforehand) and although this works for
Playtones() the Dial command still continues to play the UK ringtone.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Gareth