[asterisk-users] The call is established but without exchanged voice packets

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Fri Sep 20 11:00:22 CDT 2013

Asmaa Ahmed wrote:

> Indeed I missed your previous message!
> After changing the externip, it worked successfully... The sip
> session is established with the complete three-way handshake, and
> the voice packet is exchanged with no problem!
>
> Many thanks.

Asmaa,

That's great news!!  I guess the firewall settings were already
correct and it was just a matter of configuring Asterisk properly.

In my experience, the first call is always the hardest one to get
working.  Now that you've done that you can really start seeing what
Asterisk can do.  Have fun, but remember to take it step by step and
don't hesitate to ask the list if you run into any problems.

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer